I wrote copy for the Parkinson Society BC's annual fundraising walk. The copy was for the website landing page as well as email marketing. I also wrote copy for participant resources, sample copy for participants to share on social media and by email to their friends and family to encourage them to support.
Website Landing Page
Your small steps can be Big Steps for Parkinson’s!
This fall marks the first annual Big Steps for Parkinson’s walk, PSBC’s largest fundraising event. On September 10, 11 and 17, incredible British Columbians in over 20 communities throughout the province will walk together to help the over 12,500 people in BC living with Parkinson’s.
Funds raised through this event help to provide valuable support services and education, and fund research.
Are you ready to step up?Register as an individual or team up with your friends, family or coworkers! Together we can find a cure.
Looking for other ways to get involved?
- Register as a virtual walker
- Sponsor a walker or team
- Volunteer at a walk location in your community
Donor Thank You Email
Thank you for your donation and for helping us take big steps for Parkinson’s! Your contribution helps the Parkinson Society British Columbia (PSBC) provide valuable support services and education, and fund further research.
Here are just some of the PSBC programs and initiatives that will benefit from your donation:
- Communication & Swallow Workshops
- Step by Step, a walking program designed to encourage individuals to increase their daily steps taken. The program assists with motivation and fostering stronger community connections.
Finding a Cure
- Continuing to invest in leading edge research to improve treatments and work towards finding a cure
Education and Training
- Training professionals on therapies that help to improve symptoms of Parkinson’s and overall well-being
- Developing a new informational booklet in cooperation with a Registered Speech Language Pathologist (RSLP)
- Offering a scholarship program for British Columbians wishing to attend the World Parkinson Congress.
- Collaborating with like-minded organizations such as the Davis Phinney Foundation to bring together the brightest minds of the Parkinson’s community in a warm, inviting atmosphere.